This accessibility statement applies to the Hemswell Parish Council website at https://hemswell.parish.lincolnshire.gov.uk/
This website is run by Hemswell Parish Council and we want as many people as possible to be able to use this website, which ideally means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We’ve also written the content on the website to be as clear and simple as possible to understand.
How accessible is the website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible and you may encounter some difficulties such as those included below:
- when increasing the font size some items overflow and maybe slightly difficult to read
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- live video streams do not have captions
- some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- some document attachments are not clearly written
- some graphics and document attachments have poor colour contrast
- some images do not have good alternative text
- some buttons are not correctly identified
- many documents are in PDF, Excel or Word format and are not accessible
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please e-mail the clerk at: email@example.com
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find problems that are not listed on this page or you think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, please email the clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘Accessibility Regulations’).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Hemswell Parish Council is committed to making its websites accessible, as per the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard .
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents - some of Hemswell Parish Council's older PDFs are inaccessible and do not meet accessibility standards. We are working towards replacing as many PDFs as possible with HTML web pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they are not essential to providing our services.
Live video - we do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was last reviewed in May 2022. The website was last tested May 2023. The test was carried out by Hemswell Parish Council.